CBD is short for Cannabinoid and is a non-psychoactive chemical compound found in marijuana or cannibis plants. It is used for relief from pain as well as other syptoms without the mind-altering effects of pharmaceutical drugs or marijuana. CBD oil is derived by extracting it from the cannabis plants and diluting it with a carrier oil, mainly hemp oil or coconut oil.
Below are the many benefits of using CBD oil:
1) Pain Relief: Marijuana has been used to treat pain for almost 5000 years and just recently it was discovered that the components of CBD contribute to pain relieving effects. Chronic pain may be significantly reduced by reducing inflammation and interacting with the neurotransmitters in our bodies. Many types of pain have been studied with positive results, including; multiple sclerosis, arthritis, muscle and joint pain as well as spasms.
2) Alleviate Cancer Symptoms: Many symptoms or side effects from cancer and its treatments may be greatly reduced using this method for pain, vomiting and nausea. A few studies have even concluded that CBD could contain anticancer properties as well as killing breast cancer cells in animals.
3) Reduce Depression and Anxiety; these mental health disorders can have devastating impacts on ones health, quality of life and all around well-being. These disorders are generally treated with pharmaceuticals with several Delta-8 THC gummies side effects including; sleepiness, insomnia, agitation, irritability, headaches and sexual dysfunction; many being additive. The proper dosage of CBD oil significantly reduced anxiety in a group of individuals that were tested in a public speaking environment.
4) Heart Conditions: these oils have been linked to the benefit of heart and circulatory systems including lowering ones blood pressure. High blood pressure has been connected to a variety of health conditions, including heart attacks and strokes. By lowering one’s blood pressure, the probability of heart conditions and other health concerns are decreased, adding to a greater quality of life.
5) Reduction of Skin Conditions, such as acne. The anti-inflammatory components found in CBD oils have been found to reduce the unsightly acne breakouts.
6) Diabetes has also been tested and has shown signs of reduced incidences as well as inflammation reduction.
7) Epilepsy in children as well as adults; CBD oils have the ability to reduce the number of seizures that an individual may have and in some cases end them altogether.
8) Sleep Deprivation; oils combined with melatonin have been shown to help individuals fall asleep quickly as well as stay asleep all night. Insomnia contributes to all kinds of health issues including lowered immune system, irritability as well as overall mental and physical well-being. Using this type of product is a much safer alternative to sleeping pills, that have dangerous side effects such as daytime drowsiness and dizziness and can also be addictive.
There are few known side effect of using CBD which include; fatigue, diarrhea and possible weight gain or weight loss. Always check with your physician before indulging in the CBD oil market, as some prescription drugs do not mix well with the oil and may cause complications. These are a natural alternative to the prescription and illegal drug markets and are becoming legal in more states across the United States all the time. It is non-addictive, does not give you a “high” and your body does not build up an immunity to the oils. Studies have shown that they are safe, but be cautious and purchase product that are extracted from whole plants and not synthetic. Purchase items that the hemp is grown in the U.S. and the oils are produced in facilities known as “food-grade.” Some states require the manufacturers to register with the Health and Environmental department and are required to meet specific standards.