Social Media has become a global phenomenon which has made millions and millions of people worldwide to be engrossed in its use, but for a social media page to be a booming success especially in the world of entrepreneurship; one has to exhaust all the efforts to attract loyal followers. Here are some of the most valuable recommendations on how to make this possible:
- Market Yourself
Obviously, the very first thing to do is to encourage and persuade people to follow you and what best way to do this is simply to “ask them to follow you”. This could be effectively done by making your page available in social media pages so Linkrsocial media aficionados will no longer take too much time to look for your profile. This can be done in ways such as:
· Provide the links in your profile that will lead directly to your website’s homepage.
· Express your sincere intent to connect with your subscribers in social media by sending them relevant emails.
· Integrate your social media profile links with your email signature.
· When you distribute business card, make sure that you incorporate the social media profile usernames
- Appropriate Setting up of Profiles
It is important to mull over about a lot of things when you are initially setting up your profiles for the purpose of increasing the number of social media followers; here are some important details to consider:
· THE SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES TO BE USED. People are currently on the craze of joining the bandwagon and try to be in almost all social networking sites because they want to generate a huge number of online followers. This is not actually advised because monitoring and maintaining the number of followers would be quite daunting. CHOOSE FEW BUT POWERFUL SOCIAL MEDIA SITES that is more suitable for your business. Some of the most dominant sites are Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram; whichever ever way you want to promote your brand, there are appropriate social media sites to be of use.
· ESTABLISH YOUR PROFILE NAME. When you use different profile names for each of the social media sites you are into, it would be difficult to gather followers because they would be confused. Even if people would like to follow your profile in other social media platforms, they will eventually give up if your profile is very difficult to find.
· USE ONE UNIQUE AVATAR. The avatar you use in your profile is what defines your page and sets you apart from the others. They will be part of your identity and it is strongly advised that you use the one avatar for each of your profile on the different social media platforms. Since the avatar is your identity, DO NOT LEAVE THE AVATAR EMPTY.
· PROVIDE A DETAILED BUT CONCISE DESCRIPTION. Provide people with what you want to convey about your business. Express in detail what your business can do for them and why they should follow your page, this way they will be compelled to click your website link and learn more about your brand and what benefits you will be able to offer them.
- Social Media Page Automation
Fact is, social media is not at all totally automated, and you really have to log in every time you want to make new posts or upload files and photos. But, there are fail-safe ways to automate your social media page; one can make use of services like the HOOTSUITE and BUFFER to have a scheduled posting of images, text posts and links based on your preferred date and time. WordPress plugins may also be installed so that it could automatically send blog post links.
Automation greatly helps in establishing a powerful social media presence because through automated posts makes your brand reach more people even when you are not logged in 24/7. But make sure that you also have time to log in and share some of the posts and content from other people in the social media sites who also share your posts. Take time for some online conversations as well.
- Follower Engagement.
Personal presence on social media sites does not really have to be done by the business owner, but having a team to do the posting and communicate with the followers would be more effective in generating more social media followers. People get more interested when there are real live people they can converse with rather than just generated automated messages appearing regularly on their pages. This is basically why they call it social media because people should socialize with real people. Remember that in the business world, you do not just sell your brand; you also sell yourself and your company. Adding personal touch to engage with the potential clients is far more effective than 100% automation. It is very important to customers that if they have some queries or complaints, there are real people they can communicate with. Customers would feel that they are valued by your business, when they receive acknowledgements for their comments by giving them credit through you page or by posting a personalized blog about them. Make them feel your genuine presence and people to will be interested to follow your site.
- Acknowledge Other People’s Content by Sharing and Liking them
Spend at least 15 minutes or a little more to read other people’s posts and comment or like the valuable and relevant social media content they post because this can encourage follower engagement and eventually generate more followers due to the following reasons:
· People always prefer a symbiotic relationship; when they feel and know that you took time to comment and share their posts, it means that you spent some time for them. When this happens, most likely they would return the favor and share your content with their own audiences, making your brand reach more people.
· People and followers of those posts that you shared and commented to will be able to see your name on their pages regularly and when people constantly see you, they would most likely follow your page in the coming days.